Big Lots Credit Card
Big Lots Credit Card is a Store Credit Cards.
Big Lots Credit Card is a credit card provided by Big Lots for customers to help shopping. Big Lots, founded in 1967, is an American retail company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with more than 1,400 stores in 47 states. Mainly engaged in food and beverage, toys, furniture, clothing, household goods, small electronic products. Big Lots Credit Card is more suitable for Big Lots’ loyal shoppers, providing customers with a good shopping experience, bringing more shopping discounts. So if you like shopping, you can learn some ways to save money.
Information About Big Lots Credit Card You Need to Know
1. Big Lots Credit Card offers some discounts, but the discounts only apply to Big Lots in-store shopping. In fact, you will not be able to use Big Lots credit cards outside the Big Lots store. The card has no annual fee.
2. Big Lots does offer special in-store financing. These special finances provide changes and are not standardized, so you have to check the current discounts at the time of purchase. Promotion financing provided by Big Lots credit cards is provided by Comenity Capital Bank, which will qualify for credit and promotion. Minimum purchases and minimum monthly payments will be required.
3. If you forget to bring Big Lots credit card to the store, don't worry. Employees can find your account to complete the purchase.
4. Big Lots credit cards do not offer cash refunds for purchases, but occasionally receive special discounts for different types of shopping. You can also register for Big Lots BIG Award Scheme. Big Lots BIG Rewards plans to separate its credit cards.
5. With BIG Rewards, you get $5 for every three items you buy and $10 for every $200 you spend on furniture (including terrace furniture). In addition, BIG Rewards members can enjoy VIP shopping days; buy more, save more coupons; and surprise birthdays. You can combine incentives with other offers.
Should You Get Big Lots Credit Card?
If you are a big Lots fan and you often spend a lot of money buying clothes in Big Lots, then a Big Lots credit card is a good choice for you. Big Lots credit cards may not be the best choice for most shoppers. First of all, this is a closed-loop credit card, which is only suitable for shopping in Big Lots. You can't use Big Lots credit card in other stores, or even use your card to do online shopping from Big Lots. It's not a very flexible card. In addition, Big Lots Card does not provide any form of cash return, but it offers some special discounts and discounts. Unfortunately, there is no way to know in advance what these benefits will be, and they are not always available. Big Lots Card also provides special financing, but you can't get the details in advance. You need to check in the store. You should remember to pay your bills in time so as not to affect your credit score. If you think this card is not suitable for you, you can look at the other cards we recommend.
What is a store credit card?
The only difference between store credit cards and regular credit cards is that store credit cards are branded and associated with a specific retailer and its rewards program. Store credit cards offer in-store discounts, allow cardholders to earn and redeem points when making purchases.
There are two basic types of retail store credit card:
Open-loop cards: These cards with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo in the bottom-right, can be used anywhere.
Closed-loop cards: These cards without a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo only can be used at their co-branded stores, online stores or affiliates.
For example, there are three types of Best buy credit cards, My Best Buy Credit Card, My Best Buy Visa Platinum Credit Card and My Best Buy Visa Card. My Best Buy Credit Card is a closed-loop card, so you can only use it at Best Buy. My Best Buy Visa Platinum Credit Card and My Best Buy Visa Card are open-loop cards, you can use them anywhere that Visa is accepted.
What are the benefits of store credit cards?
Easy to get and can help you to build credit
Because of store credit cards’ high interest rates and low credit limits, they are easy to get with fair or poor credit. If you can use it responsibly, this is an opportunity to build up your score.
A reasonable annual fee
Many great store rewards cards don’t have an annual fee.
Save money at your favorite stores
Store rewards cards have different rewards programs which are great ways to save money, especially you are a frequent customer of that shop. For example, My Best Buy Credit Card offers as much as 5% cash back.
Additional sign-up bonuses and benefits
Many store reward cards attract new customers with a sign-up bonus. What’s more, some store reward cards offer extra benefits, such as discounts, free shipping, a birthday gift and extended return policies.
Open-loop cards can be used anywhere as normal credit cards.
What are the drawbacks of a store credit card?
Low credit limits
This means that you have the risk of going over your credit limits.
High interest rates
Most store credit cards’ interest rates are higher than the industry average (17%).
Closed-loop cards are limited to single store
Many store credit cards can only be used at their store or online shop. But some store credit cards can be used anywhere like normal credit cards, such as Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card.
Customer service problems
Some store credit cards are not issued by major cards issuers, so the quality of customer service is difficult to guarantee.
Some store credit cards can’t be used for balance transfers
What do you need to apply for a store credit card?
Banks approve much lower credit scores for store cards. Therefore, applying a store card is an ideal way for someone with a fair or poor credit score to rebuild his or her credit.
Credit card application
You can apply for a store credit card online, in-store or by email depending on the card. And you just need to fill in your personal information and submit your application. The credit card issuer will consider your credit reports and several different factors when reviewing your application to get an idea of your creditworthiness.